Types of access
There are two models under which a miiCard member can share their identity with your application: the subscription model, and the transactional model. These differ by which side of the exchange pays to share the information and the assurances miiCard gives about the identity.
- Only miiCard members with an active subscription can share their identity with your application
- You incur no costs for consuming the miiCard member's identity information
- miiCard provides no traceability of the shared identity information
- Any miiCard member, whether a free user or premium subscription member can share their identity with your application
- You will be charged the first time in each 12 month period that a miiCard member completes the OAuth process for your application
- miiCard provides a point-in-time snapshot of the member's identity information complete with a unique identifier - fully traceable for regulatory and auditing purposes, and stored for 7 years
- You can continue to get live identity information from any member during the 12 months from the initial charge, or request additional snapshots in that time
How this affects your application
Some API features are unavailable to your application depending on which payment model you choose - these are highlighted on the Claims API documentation page.
The Transactional Model page gives a complete rundown of how transactional features can be employed by your application to replace offline identity checking procedures while still providing a level of assurance high enough for regulatory compliance.