Our Commitment to Our Members
We believe you must always be in control of your online identity and personal information and in providing the miiCard service our promise to you is that:
- You will always have complete control of your miiCard
- We will never share your personal information without your explicit consent
- At any time you can revoke a participating service's access to your miiCard
- And we will do our utmost to protect your online identity and personal information at all times
We'll try to keep everything in this document as straightforward as possible, but if there’s anything you are unsure of, please get in touch with us by:
- Emailing the Chief Executive Officer, James Varga at email@example.com;
- Writing to the James Varga, Chief Executive Officer, miiCard Global Headquarters, Codebase, Argyle House, 3 Lady Lawson Street, Edinburgh, EH3 9DR, UK; or
- Phoning us on +44 (0)845 119 3333.
An Overview of The Service
miiCard (My Internet Identity) is a global Identity as a Service solution (IDaaS) that proves ‘you are who you say you are,’ purely online, in minutes and to the same level as a physical passport or photo ID check.
Through a patented process that leverages the trust between an individual and their financial institution, miiCard establishes identity to Level of Assurance 3+ (LOA3+) and meets Know Your Customer (KYC) and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) identity guidelines, enabling the sale of regulated products and services purely online.
Combining online identity proofing with strong authentication, miiCard provides the trust and security required for people and businesses to meet, transact and utilise services with confidence in a purely digital environment.
As a single, trusted digital ID founded on the principles of Bring Your Own Identity (BYOID), miiCard is convenient and flexible providing members complete control over their online identity and personal information.
The use of the Service is charged to our members on an annual subscription basis. Subscribing to miiCard allows you as an individual to publish your identity to the internet and share it with other individuals, or use it on participating websites, at your discretion and at no further cost.
Participating sites that require you to share your identity to complete a transaction or process will always be available to you regardless of your subscription status. These participating sites may be charged separately for the service.
For a limited time, as we build our community, miiCard is currently free for life for any new members. Pricing information is available from the website here »
Personal information you store in your encrypted miiCard identity belongs to you, and you alone determine who can access your Data. Every Connection must observe our Terms of Service available here »
The miiCard Service allows you to manage your personal identity, information and control who has access to it. It is your responsibility when using the miiCard service to keep this information up to date. Please update your account information or let us know if any of your user details change; email address and mobile phone number. If you do not do this, we will not be able to deliver any alerts, notifications or updates to you. Communications will be sent to your primary contact details by default.
You agree and understand that you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, which, together with your username, allows you to access the Service.
If you become aware of any unauthorised use of your user information, you agree to notify us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use of the Service
Your right to access and use the Service is personal to you and is not transferable by you to any other person or entity. You are only entitled to access and use the service for lawful purposes.
By registering to use our Services, you confirm that:
- You are legally capable of entering into binding contracts;
- You are at least 18 years old; or
- You are using the service for your personal use and not on behalf of another individual.
- You agree to provide us with information that is accurate, and not to misrepresent your identity or your user information.
You are responsible for all use of your security details and your Account. You must treat your Password, PIN/Passphrase and any other security details as confidential and not disclose them to any other person. You must also take all reasonable precautions to prevent unauthorised access to your Account.
Please read and understand our Security Policy here »
We have the right to suspend or close any Account with us and terminate your right to use our Services, if (in our opinion) you have failed materially to comply with any part of these terms, and as set out in sections 7 and 8. Before exercising any right of suspension or closure we will, where we consider it appropriate, provide you with an opportunity to make representations.
Availability of the Service
We will always do our best to ensure that our systems are available at all times. However, your access to and use of the Service may be interrupted from time to time for any of several reasons, including, without limitation, the malfunction of equipment, periodic updating, maintenance or repair of the Service or other actions that we, in our sole discretion, may elect to take.
You acknowledge that computer and telecommunications systems are not fault-free and occasional periods of downtime may occur. We don't guarantee the services will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free or that content loss won't occur.
Alerts and Communications
Any notifications or updates will be sent to your primary email address or mobile number that you have provided to the Service.
What we ask you not to do
You agree that you will not:
- Use any robot, spider, scraper, deep link or other similar automated data gathering or extraction tools, program, algorithm or methodology to access, acquire, copy or monitor the Service or any portion of it without our express written consent, which may be withheld at our sole discretion;
- Use or attempt to use any engine, software, tool, agent, or other device or mechanism (including without limitation browsers, spiders, robots, avatars or intelligent agents) to navigate or search the Service, other than the search engines and search agents available through the Service and other than generally available third-party web browsers (such as Microsoft Explorer);
- Post or transmit any file which contains viruses, worms, Trojan horses or any other contaminating or destructive features, or that otherwise interfere with the proper working of the Service; or
- Attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse-engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the Service.
Posting on the Service
As part of the Service, we allow users to post content on blogs and at various other publicly available locations on the Service. If you wish to post content you agree to follow these rules:
You are responsible for all content you submit to us.
By submitting content to us, you represent that you have all necessary rights and hereby grant us a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licenseable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, modify, display, and perform all or any portion of the content in connection with us and our business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the site (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels. You also hereby grant each user a non-exclusive license to access your posted content through the Service, and to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display and perform such content as permitted through the functionality of the Service and under this Agreement.
You accept that we may edit your comments for clarity, or remove any comment.
Intellectual Property Rights
The contents of the Service, including its “look and feel” (e.g.., text, graphics, images, logos and button icons), photographs, editorial content, notices, software and other material are protected under copyright, trademark and other laws. The content of the Service belongs to, or is licensed to us, or our software or content suppliers. We grant you the right to view and use the Service subject to these terms. You may download or print a copy of information provided on the Service for your personal, internal and non-commercial use only. Any distribution, reprint or electronic reproduction of any content from the Service in whole or in part for any other purpose is expressly prohibited without our prior written consent.
Warranties, Liability and Indemnification
Our total maximum aggregate liability to you for all matters arising out of or in connection to our Site and our Services will be limited to £500.
The content and all services and products associated with the service or provided through the service are provided to you on an ‘as-is’ basis. We make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the content or operation of the service. You expressly agree that your use of the service is at your sole risk.
To the extent permitted by law:
- We exclude responsibility for results obtained from the use of our Site or our Services and for conclusions drawn from such use;
- We exclude all conditions, warranties and other terms that might be implied by law;
- Neither you nor we will be liable to the other for any indirect loss or damage; or
- We exclude all liability for your loss of income or revenue or business, loss of profits or contracts, loss of anticipated savings, loss or corruption of data, loss of goodwill or reputation, amounts you pay or owe to your customers or to your affiliates, wasted internal costs or wasted management or office time, in each case, whether caused by a civil wrong (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable, provided that the above shall not prevent claims for damage to tangible property or for direct financial loss that is not excluded by any of the categories set out above.
We will not be liable if we are unable to provide our Site or our Services for any reason that is outside of our reasonable control. Use of our Services for any time critical or business critical purposes is at your own risk. You must comply with all applicable laws and regulations of the country in which you are based. We will not be liable for any breach by you of any such laws, whether or not it is caused by our Site, our Services, or the Data.
You shall defend us against any claim against us alleging that your use of our Site or our Services in breach of these terms infringes the intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or is in breach of the applicable law, and reimburse us for any costs incurred or damages awarded against us (or agreed in settlement) in respect of such a claim. If such a claim is brought against us we will notify you of it promptly (and where we can, within 30 days of first becoming aware of it) and you must give us reasonable co-operation in the defence and settlement of such claim.
Ending the Agreement
We may at any time, terminate our agreement with you:
- If you have breached any provision of this Agreement (or have acted in a manner which clearly shows that you do not intend to, or are unable to comply with the provisions of this Agreement);
- If we in our sole discretion believe we are required to do so by law (for example, where the provision of the Service to you is, or becomes, unlawful); or
- Immediately upon notice, to the e-mail address provided by you as part of your user information.
Modifications to the Agreement
We may modify this Agreement from time to time. Any and all changes to this Agreement will be posted on our site and a notification sent to your primary email address. The Agreement will always state the date it was last revised. You are deemed to accept and agree to be bound by any changes to the Agreement when you use the Service after those changes are posted.
Governing law and forum for disputes
This Agreement, and your relationship with us under this Agreement, shall be governed by the laws of Scotland without regard to its conflict or choice of laws provisions. Any dispute with us, or our officers, directors, employees, agents or affiliates, arising under or in relation to this Agreement shall be resolved exclusively through the Scottish courts, except with respect to imminent harm requiring a temporary or preliminary interdict or injunction in which case we may seek this in any court with jurisdiction over the parties. You understand that, in return for agreement to this provision, we are able to offer the Service on the terms stated in this Agreement, without charge to you, and that your consent to this provision is an indispensable consideration under this Agreement.
Other important matters
If any portion of this Agreement is deemed unlawful, void or unenforceable by any arbitrator or court of competent jurisdiction, this Agreement as a whole shall not be deemed unlawful, void or unenforceable, but only that portion of this Agreement that is unlawful, void or unenforceable shall be deleted from this Agreement. If we do not exercise or enforce any legal right or remedy which is contained in the Agreement (or which we have the benefit of under any applicable law), this will not be taken to be a formal waiver of our rights and that those rights or remedies will still be available to us.
All covenants, agreements, representations and warranties made in this Agreement shall survive your acceptance of this Agreement and the termination of this Agreement.
This Agreement represents the entire understanding and agreement between you and us regarding the subject matter of the same, and supersedes all other previous agreements.
Supporting The Respect NetworkTM
miiCard is a founding verification member of the Respect Network and our service is built on the Respect Trust FrameworkTM.
The purpose of the Respect Trust Framework is to define a simple set of principles and rules to which all Members of a digital trust network agree so that they may share identity and personal data with greater confidence that it will be protected and only used as authorised.
These Terms of Service incorporate by reference the Respect Trust Framework listed with the Open Identity Exchange here »